Co-founder of Slurp Studio and secretary of the Christ University Hotel Management Alumni association Bengaluru, Chef Sarabjeet shows how to make pumpkin glamorous with this soup preparation.
A graduate in hotel management from Christ University, Chef Sarabjeet started working with the Taj Group of hotels in Bangalore as a kitchen management trainee. After a year, he moved to Miami, where he worked at the Hyatt Regency Coconut Point Resort and Spa for two years. Upon his return to Bangalore, he co-founded the BBQ story with Faseeulla, which eventually led to the development of Slurp Studio. Sarabjeet also holds the position of Secretary of the Christ University Hotel Management Alumni association.
Roasted Pumpkin and Orange Soup
- 300 gms Pumpkin peeled and sliced
- 6 Garlic pods
- 3 tbsp Olive oil or sunflower oil
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 tsp Coriander seeds
- 1 tsp Fennel seeds
- 1 tsp Pepper powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp Butter
- 300 ml Water
- 75 ml Freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/4 tsp Orange zest
- Take a pan, add oil and the sliced pumpkin and roast it for 5 minutes.
- Add the coriander seeds, fennel seeds, cumin seeds and garlic and roast it with the pumpkin for another 5 minutes.
- Add a cup of water and cover it with a lid and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Transfer it to a bowl and let it cool.
- Puree it in a blender (add water if required).
- Transfer it to the pot and then season with salt and pepper and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the orange zest, orange juice and butter.
- Bring it to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Serve hot with toasted bread or some crackers.