Director of Culinary, Pullman New Delhi & Novotel New Delhi Aerocity shares his favourite winter special festive main course which is seasonal and hearty.
With over two decades of culinary excellence and experience, Chef Neeraj Tyagi has passionately worked with some of the best hotel brands like Shangri-La, Hyatt, The Claridges, and Kempinski & Michelin-starred restaurants around the globe. Honoured and recognised with over 20 awards along with being featured in cookery master classes on national television, Chef Tyagi is currently Director of Culinary at Pullman and Novotel New Delhi Aerocity (part of the Accor Group of hotels), boasting an inventory of 670 rooms, 4 F&B outlets, 2 bars and one of the largest convention & banqueting facilities in the capital.
Christmas special stuffed chicken supreme
- 1 Chicken breast
- 30 gms Chopped shallots
- 20 gms Gorgonzola Cheese
- ½ Pear
- 10 gms Roasted Pine nuts
- 20 ml White wine
- 300 gms Pumpkin
- 2 nos Water Chestnut
- 50 gms Kale leaves
- 5 gms Chopped garlic
- 30 ml Olive oil
- 10 gms Butter
- 2 gms Crushed black pepper
- Salt as per taste
- Thyme Few sprigs
- Rosemary Few sprigs
- Sauté chopped shallots in a pan with olive oil. Add peeled, chopped pears and glaze with white wine. Cook on a gentle flame until the pear is soft, season and keep aside. Add cheese and pine nuts when the mixture gets cold and keep aside for stuffing.
- Open the chicken breast with the help of a sharp knife, and flatten it with a kitchen hammer. Put the stuffing in the centre and roll it with the help of silver foil. Cook this roulade in a pre-heated oven at 200 degrees C for 25 min. Once cooked, take it aside and bring it to room temperature and remove the foil.
- Take a heavy bottomed pan, add olive oil and butter, then sear the chicken roulade nicely on a high flame. Add thyme and give it a nice golden-brown colour. Take it out and sauté the kale in the same pan. Also use the same pan for the water chestnut.
- Peel the pumpkin and cut it into small pieces. Season with salt, pepper, garlic and fresh rosemary, drizzle with olive oil and cook in a pre-heated oven for 30 min at 160 degrees C. Once cooked, put it in a kitchen blender to make a fine paste. If required, pass it through a fine sieve.
- Plating: Put the pumpkin purée in the centre of a plate and spread it with the help of a palette knife. Arrange the chicken roulade, sautéed kale and water chestnut, drizzle olive oil, and serve with chicken jus and a garnish of crisp chicken skin.