Bengaluru’s favorite Culinary Educator from the Department of Hotel Management, Christ University, Chef Sushil Dwarkanath shares a non vegetarian festive recipe for Christmas.
Linguini with Sausage meat, butter and truffle oil
- 200gms Spicy Italian Sausage meat
- 1 packet Linguini
- 2 nos Red chillies, fresh
- 20 gms Garlic peeled
- 100ml EVOO
- 100gm Butter
- 100ml Fresh cream
- 100gm Grated parmesan cheese
- 25gms Black pepper, crushed
- 10ml Truffle oil
- ½ bunch Flat leaf parsley
- Maldon Salt to taste
- Heat water in a pot and cook the linguini till al dente. Start to make the sauce alongside, while the pasta is cooking. This should take 12-15 min.
- In a pan heat olive oil, add garlic, chili and sausage meat and sauté till cooked. Keep aside.
- In the same pan, add butter, cream, parmesan, cracked pepper and salt. Loosen with pasta water and cook till cheese is melted.
- Add the cooked linguini, sausage meat and toss to coat.
- Plate it and garnish with chopped parsley, pepper, truffle oil and grated parmesan cheese.