Co-founder of FoodWarz, Chef Rohan Monga shares his favourite Christmas salad recipe. With nine layers of ingredients and a pesto aioli dressing, this layered pasta salad is anything but ordinary.
Rohan Monga is fondly called the filmy chef as he likes to add a little drama to whatever he does. He doesn’t consider himself adventurous. But his life has certainly been an adventure. He started Foodwarz as a way to demonstrate his kitchen experiments, love for food and to share all things sweet, savoury, and indulgent with his co-admin Megha who is an ex-banker and now a food influencer. Over time, Foodwarz has evolved into an established brand name across the online food community, primarily in Delhi NCR. In addition to sharing his pictures of the best food around the world, Chef Monga manages a small team of creative and amazing mural artists who help him make this world an artistic place.
Suggested read: Nature’s Basket Cook-A-Thon: Carrot, Cherry and Yogurt Trifle by Chef Dhruv Oberoi
Christmas Garden Pesto Pasta Smoked Chicken Salad
- 250 g dried pasta (fusilli)
- 1 zucchini, thinly sliced lengthways
- 75 g basil pesto dip
- 300 g smoked chicken breast
- 1 packet strawberries
- 1 red and 1 yellow capsicum, coarsely chopped
- Fresh basil leaves
- 3 tbsp pine nuts, toasted
- Oil spray can
- Salt and black pepper
- Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water until al dente. Drain. Refresh under cold water. Drain.
- Meanwhile, spray a pan with oil and heat over high heat. Cook the chicken breast for 1-2 minutes on each side or until browned and tender. Follow the same step for zucchini and capsicum.
- Transfer to a plate. Combine the pesto dip, pasta and all other ingredients in a mixing bowl and season.
- Place the salad in a serving bowl. Top it with strawberries, rolled zucchini and some roasted pine nuts.
Nature’s Basket Cook-A-Thon: Strawberry baked cheese cake by Chef Nilesh Limaye
Nature’s Basket Cook-A-Thon: Boozy Mawa Cake by Chef Irfan Pabaney