Follow these steps to a fault, and you’ll end up with a sumptuous dessert sure to impress your partner this Valentine’s Day!
In dire need of a last minute Valentine’s plan? Had an idea for some spectacular gifts but it didn’t work out? Need something special for that Galentine’s dinner? Or simply in the mood to make this year extra special and intimate for your loved one?
This Fomage Blanc and Framboise parfait on Brown Butter Cake by Chef Himanshu Taneja, Culinary Director, South Asia, Marriott International is here for you! Using the simplest of ingredients and some easy to follow steps, this recipe is sure to impress your special someone and establish you as master of the kitchen forever. Or at least, until next Valentine’s comes around!
Suggested Read: 23 gifts guaranteed to impress your boo this Valentine’s Day
And of course, nothing screams love on Valentine’s like some good old dessert. So ditch the cliche cookies and cakes, and opt for something home baked instead. This dessert is as pleasing to the eye as it is appetising, so you’re sure to score some brownie points. You’re welcome!
For the Yoghurt Mousse
- 300 gm Elle & vire cream
- 240 ml yoghurt
- 75 gm caster sugar
- 5 gm vanilla bean
- 10 gm gelatin
For the Pistachio Cake
- 90 gm pistachio paste
- 70 gm butter, unsalted, browned
- 100 gm caster sugar
- 35 gm egg yolk
- 150 gm refined flour
- 2 gm sea salt
- 130 gm pistachio powder
For the Raspberry Cream
- 250 gm raspberry puree
- 60 gm icing sugar
- 10 gm gelatin sheets
- 250 gm E&V Cream
- For the pistachio brown butter cake, mix all the dry ingredients and keep it aside.
- Take the butter, heat it in a pan and make it golden brown. Meanwhile whisk the egg yolk, and add all the dry ingredients. Add the brown butter at the end, and bake in a tray for 10 min. Take it out from the oven and keep it in a chiller.
- For the yoghurt mousse, soak gelatin in cold water. Mix yoghurt and sugar, add cream followed by the gelatin. Set it in the freezer.
- For the raspberry cream, boil the puree, to which you can add the icing sugar and gelatin. Fold in the whipped cream and pipe it inside the yoghurt mousse. Freeze.
- Set it in the deep freezer for a day. Serve the next day layered on top of the pistachio cake.