Head chef of The Lovefools, Chef Aniket Sawant rustles up a classic version of the famed Italian dessert, tiramisu, but with a twist.
What makes Chef Aniket Sawant’s version of tiramisu special is the use of Grover’s One Tree Hill mulled wine, which is a complete game changer.
30 gm flour
30 gm butter
30 gm sugar
3 tbsp Grover’s One Tree Hill mulled wine
1 whole egg
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 Espresso shot
1 cup cold water
1 cup ice
500 gm cream cheese
125 gm sugar
100 gm fresh cream
100 gm whipped cream
Cocoa powder for dusting
- In a stand mixer add butter (at room temperature) and sugar and beat for 4-5 minutes until the mixture emulsifies and becomes pale in colour.
- Add 3 tbsp of Grover’s One Red Hill mulled wine.
- Crack the egg in a bowl and add vanilla essence to it to reduce the egginess. Add to the mixer and continue beating for a few minutes.
- Then add flour at a slow speed so it gets mixed properly.
- Give the sponge mixture a nice stir to remove any lumps.
- Then transfer to a baking dish with a spatula.
- Bake at 180 degrees C for 15-20 min.
- Nest, in a stand mixer, add whipped cream and let it beat for 3-4 minutes. Add cream cheese and beat for another 3-4 minutes. Add fresh cream and sugar and beat for another 3-4 minutes.
- The last step is assembling the tiramisu. For this first cut the sponge with a round cutter to assemble in a glass.
- Soak the sponge in soaking syrup for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the sponge as a base layer, add a layer of cream and keep alternating.
- The last layer will be of cream. Dust with cocoa powder.
- This makes two portions of tiramisu.