Between June 20 and July 6 celebrate turkey dishes at the U.S. Turkey Festival hosted at Farmer’s Basket at Pluck, Hotel Pullman, New Delhi Aerocity to enjoy #TurkeyLoversMonth.
Turkey ke parche
- 2 tbsp ginger paste
- 2 tbsp garlic paste
- 2 tbsp white pepper, freshly ground
- 2 tbsp cumin seeds black
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1.5 kg turkey breasts boneless, sliced into 2 mm slices
- 200 ml natural (plain) yogurt (1/2 cup), hung
- 2 egg whites
- 400 ml cream (1 cup)
- 1 tbsp green cardamom ground
- ½ tbsp mace ground
- 12-16 green chillies deseeded and chopped
- 2 large coriander (cilantro) sprigs, chopped
- Butter melted
- Add ginger and garlic paste, half of the white pepper, black cumin seeds, and oil to a large shallow dish.
- Season it with salt and mix well.
- Add the turkey breasts and coat the mixture evenly.
- Cover and marinate it in the refrigerator for an hour.
- Add the yogurt, egg white and cream to another large shallow dish and mix it together to attain a smooth paste.
- Season the paste with salt and add the remaining white pepper, the ground cardamom, mace, chopped chillies, coriander and mix it well.
- Put the turkey breasts into this second marinade and turn until they are evenly coated.
- Cover and allow to marinate in the refrigerator for a couple hours.
- Preheat the grill to medium heat.
- Roast the turkey over the grill for 6-7 minutes or until half done.
- Pour the melted butter over it and roast again on the grill for another 3-4 minutes, or until fully cooked.
- Transfer the turkey to a plate and serve hot.