Between June 20 and July 6, the U.S. Turkey Festival comes to Farmer’s Basket at Pluck, Hotel Pullman, New Delhi, Aerocity to celebrate June, the #TurkeyLoversMonth.
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) olive oil
- 1 lb (450 g) turkey breast cut into 1-inch (2.5 cm) chunks
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 2 celery stalks sliced
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 red bell pepper cut in strips
- 1 green bell pepper cut in strips
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) dried thyme
- 1 can (28 oz/796 ml) tomatoes drained and chopped
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups (375 ml) milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Hot pepper sauce to taste
- In a large non-stick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Stir fry the turkey and garlic until the turkey is no longer pink on the inside. Transfer it to a bowl and set it aside.
- Add celery, onion, red and green peppers, oregano, and thyme to the skillet and stir cook for about 5 minutes or until they soften.
- Add tomatoes.
- Whisk flour into milk and gradually add it to the skillet and continue stirring.
- Continue stirring while letting the mixture simmer for about 10 minutes or until it thickens.
- Add turkey and cook it evenly.
- Season the dish with salt, pepper, and hot pepper sauce.
- Serve hot.