From Zobet, Kolkata’s coolest new gastropub, comes a cinnamon-infused Negroni created by its Senior Bartender Raja Malik
Located strategically in the heart of the Kolkata, Zobet is the newest addition to the city’s choice of gastropubs. Set on the fourth floor of Fort Knox on Camac Street, the Victorian era-inspired gastropub has stunning interiors and offers a delectable culinary selection along with unique handcrafted beverages. At 10,000 sq ft, it is also one of the largest gastropubs in Kolkata. We couldn’t think of a better way to celebrate Negroni Week than to ask Raja Malik, Zobet’s senior bartender, to whip up his own version of the Negroni for us. And he happily obliged.
Advance prep: infuse gin with cinnamon sticks for a few days
- 1 cinnamon stick, slightly burnt
- 20 ml cinnamon-infused gin
- 20 ml Campari
- 20 ml Martini Rosso
- Stir all three spirits gently in a mixing jar.
- Pour out into an old-fashioned glass in which you’ve already put ice cubes.
- Garnish with burnt cinnamon and orange peel and serve.