These recipes are the easiest, sweetest, and most decadent comfort desserts you’ve had in a while. And did we mention the mango?
Mango season is the best season of the year, fight me. It’s also the time you see mango versions of pretty much everything, from smoothies to shrikhand and even finding savoury applications.
Given the level of hype, it’s only fair that you try out some delicious mango desserts for yourself! With these easy and quick to make recipes, you can enjoy the seasonal goodness in the best way.
Combining the best of cool popsicles and mango goodness are the Mango and coconut popsicles by Zama Organics. It’s vegan, it’s fat-free, and also sugar-free, making for the best combination! If you’re looking for a more decadent option, the Coconut sticky rice pudding with fresh mango is your best bet.
So go ahead and spend a lazy weekend in, with some delicious mango desserts to keep you company!
Mango and coconut popsicles by Shriya Naheta Wadhwa, Founder of Zama Organics
- 2 cups fresh diced mango
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup desiccated coconut powder to sprinkle (optional)
- Blend mangoes and coconut milk until smooth. (You can add a spoonful of maple syrup if you want it extra sweet)
- Pour the mixture into popsicle moulds and freeze them for around 35 minutes.
- Once frozen, de-mould the popsicles and sprinkle desiccated coconut powder on each.
Coconut sticky rice pudding with fresh mango by Chef Dane Fernandes, Executive Chef at JW Marriott Mumbai Sahar
- 900 ml unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 vanilla bean
- 5 pandan leaves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 5 gm salt
- 130 gm jasmine rice
- 125 gm sugar
- 300 ml Ellen vire cream, whipped
- In a heavy bottomed pot, bring the milk, coconut milk, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt to a simmer.
- Add rice and cook over low heat, stirring often for about 12 minutes.
- Stir in sugar and continue to cook for another minute.
- Turn off the heat and transfer the rice to a medium bowl, and cool to room temperature.
- Fold in whipped cream until smooth, garnish with fresh mango.