Flavourful, perfectly cooked turkey breasts are marinated in buttermilk and homegrown herbs.
- 2 tbsp dry rosemary sprigs
- 2 tbsp dry thyme
- 1 tbsp dry Basil
- 2 pcs of turkey breast
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 tbsp salt
- 2 tbsp black pepper
- 2 red onions cut into eighths (Leave the root intact so it holds together)
- 1 lemon cut into eighths
- 3 sprigs rosemary
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 50 ml Balsamic vinegar
- Blueberries (for garnishing)
- Mix all ingredients with turkey breast in a pan.
- Marinate for 2 hours.
- Pre-heat oven to 160°C.
- Line the bottom of a casserole with the onions, lemons, rosemary sprigs, and oil as a base for the turkey to roast on.
- Remove the turkey from the marinade and discard the marinade.
- Place the turkey in the casserole dish and place in the oven for approximately 1 ½ hours.
- Rotate the casserole dish every 30 minutes.
- Roast the turkey until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part reads 75°C. Remove from the oven, cover with a foil and let it rest for 15-20 minutes before carving.
- Prepare balsamic reduction and keep it aside.
- Garnish with blueberries on top.