What better excuse to whip up a refreshing cocktail this weekend than some luxury tonic from PEER? Not that we needed an excuse to begin with…
“People across the world had started caring about the gin that goes with their tonic, but now people are also caring about the tonic that goes with their gin!”, says Anant Jangwal, founder of PEER, a luxury tonic water brand.
Gone are the days of gin and tonics being just about finding the perfect gin. With consumers shifting to a gin culture, accelerated during the pandemic, the need to find a perfect tonic water has proportionally increased. It’s not just about finding something sweet, but more about finding the right flavours to complement your cocktail.
The appeal of a gin & tonic lies in the simplicity of the concoction. Using the choicest high quality ingredients along with some thoughtful garnishes, it can easily transcend from a refreshing summer drink to the perfect winter cocktail. With PEER’s varied flavours of tonic water, you also have a perfect complementary addition to a range of cocktails and even non-alcoholic beverages.
PEER is a luxury tonic water brand, and the latest launch of Leocorno Enterprises, a company formed by Anant Jangwal in 2016 that offers consumer brands in India, UAE, and the UK. PEER’s current range comprises the regular Indian Tonic, Mint Tonic, Bitter Lemon Tonic, and a Zero calorie & Zero sugar tonic variant, which is the first of its kind in India.
In the coming months, the brand has promised the launch of 4 additional flavors, with plans to venture into other beverage segments that offer innovative and healthy products.
A perfect addition to a gin & tonic, or any other cocktail for the health-conscious, PEER offers the lowest calorie tonic water in India, with no artificial sweeteners, preservatives, or flavoring, and all-natural imported quinine.
Currently, you can grab their products off the shelves at leading retail stores in Delhi NCR and Punjab. Before the first quarter of 2022 is up, PEER is also looking to enter Uttrakhand, Maharashtra, Karnataka, West Bengal and Goa. In the meantime, you can rustle up the ingredients required for a perfect drink, easily whipped up in minutes at home!
Spicy Peer – Citrus & Chili
- 60 ml gin
- 120 ml Peer’s Indian tonic water/0 Cal. Indian tonic water
- 2 blood orange slices
- Crushed ice
- Cinnamon stick
- 5-6 black peppercorns
- 1 Thai chili
- Fill 3⁄4th highball glass with crushed ice.
- Add blood orange slices and pour in the gin.
- Top with chilled PEER’s Indian Tonic Water/0 Cal. Indian Tonic Water.
- Garnish with cinnamon, peppercorns, and chili.
Secret Peer – Lemony & Refreshing
- 60 ml vodka
- 150 ml PEER’s Bitter Lemon Tonic Water
- 1 tsp Crushed ginger
- Lime wedges
- Mint leaves
- Chill a copper mug or a lowball glass in the freezer for 5-10 minutes.
- Fill 3⁄4th with ice.
- Add vodka and crushed ginger. Stir.
- Top with PEER’s Bitter Lemon Tonic Water.
- Garnish with lime wedge and mint leaves.
Chill Peer – Floral & Minty
- 60 ml London Dry Gin
- 120 ml PEER’s Mint Tonic Water
- 5-6 dried juniper berries
- 1 star anise
- Edible flowers
- Lemon wheel
- Rosemary sprig
- In a balloon glass with ice, add gin and chilled PEER’s Mint Tonic Water.
- Garnish with juniper berries, star anise, edible flowers, rosemary sprig, and lemon wheel.
- Stir gently and serve.
Conscious Peer – Coffee & Tonic
- 50 ml Dark Roast Cold Brew Coffee/Espresso
- 100 ml PEER’s 0 Cal. Indian Tonic Water/Indian Tonic Water
- Lemon wheel
- Fill half lowball glass with ice.
- Pour chilled PEER’s 0 Cal. Indian Tonic Water/Indian Tonic Water.
- Pour Cold Brew Coffee/Espresso.
- Garnish with a lemon wheel.