Unlike traditional biryani that uses rice, this step-by-step recipe for Quinoa Vegetable Biryani is cooked with quinoa, healthy and delicious in every bite. When are you making this at home next?
Quinoa Vegetable Biryani
- 100 gm Quinoa
- 1.5 tsp salt
- 1 tsp jeera powder and coriander powder each
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 green chillies
- 10 gm mint leaves
- 15 gm coriander leaves
- 3 tsp ghee
- 15 gm carrot
- 10 gm cauliflower, broccoli, beans, green beans each
- 1 onion
- 1 tsp cumin seed
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1.5 tsp biryani masala
- 2 tomatoes
- Heat a pan, add ghee and once it is hot add cumin seeds. When cumin seeds begin to sizzle add ginger garlic paste and sauté for 30 seconds.
- Then add sliced onions, green chillies, and sauté again for 2-3 minutes until the ingredients turn soft or golden brown in colour.
- Now add biryani masala and dry powder spices
- After that add mixed vegetables, mint, coriander leaves and cook for a minute. Then add rinsed quinoa, green chillies, salt, water and mix everything well. You can also add seasoning at this stage.
- Stir the mixture properly in a high flame for 1-2 minutes, then lower the flame and cover the pot or the utensil with the lid and cook for 2 to 3 minutes in a slow pressure sealing method. Check when it is done, squeeze lime and your Vegetable Quinoa Biryani is ready. Serve with raita or salan.
This vegan smoothie bowl recipe is a work of art you must try at home