Chef and founder of Parat Food & Catering Pvt. Ltd shares his love for cranberry and nutella in a delicious Christmas dessert.
Chef Harangad specialises in Indian cuisine, and over the years he has been able to carve a niche for himself with his classic, innovative and nostalgic Indian food that focuses on freshness, the use of local ingredients and, most importantly, leaves the customer satisfed in realty rather than just in theory.
His formative years at Taj Vivanta Bengaluru, Varq at Taj Mahal Delhi and Tresind, Dubai, where he worked under some of the finest chefs, helped groom his style. He believes in honest-to-goodness taste.
Chef Harangad has travelled extensively across the country to understand the various elements of regional Indian and nostalgia cooking. Inspirations from diverse flavours of India and the bounty of Delhi markets reflect in his food, particularly in his earlier stints at Prankster and Pra Pra Prank by Biggie Hospitality, where he was the corporate chef. Parat and Me-awww are his own brands as an entrepreneur…. naturally, he puts his best foot forward!
Cranberry & Nutella Christmas Crunchy Dumpling
- 100gm Maida dough
- 240gm Nutella
- 60gm Cranberry
- 200gm Panko
- 100gm Tempura flour
- 5gm Cinnamon
- 50gm Breakfast sugar
- Divide the dough into equal balls of 8gm each.
- Chop the cranberries and mix it with nutella and refrigerate.
- Make small balls of 20gm each.
- Roll the dough balls in a thin layer and stuff it with the nutella mixture. Fold into desired shapes. Follow the procedure for other dumplings.
- Steam the dumplings and keep aside to cool.
- Make a batter with tempura flour.
- Dip the steam dumplings in the batter and crumb it with panko bread crumbs.
- Fry the crumbed dumplings till they are golden brown.
- Dust it with cinnamon sugar and serve.