Thomas Cook India and SOTC, introduce thrilling Bike Trips to inspire bikers and adventure enthusiasts with an off-beat opportunity far from the crowds.
The Covid-era has given rise to a significant travel trend to explore offbeat experiences, away from crowds. With growing interest for such non-standard holidays, across millennials, young professionals and corporate head honchos, Thomas Cook India and its group company SOTC, have introduced Bike Trips. The exciting five-12 nights trips traverse rugged yet scenic terrains of Manali, Leh, Srinagar, Siliguri, Gangtok, Jaipur, Jodhpur, Jaisalmer, Udaipur, Bengaluru, Madikeri, Ooty, Sethumadai, Kodaikanal, Rameshwaram, Yercaud, etc with pricing starting from Rs 24,990 per person.
Rajeev Kale, President & Country Head – Holidays, MICE, Visa, Thomas Cook (India) Limited, says, “This new age of travel has ushered keen interest in exploring the unexplored – with corporates, millennials and group of friends looking for the perfect non-standard getaway. Riding brings with it a sense of freedom while traversing across rugged Indian terrains. Our Bike Trips have hence been introduced with extensive trails including Leh-Ladakh and surrounding mountain ranges, Srinagar, Manali, Rajasthan and Sikkim to provide the quintessential playground for adventure seekers.”
Daniel D’Souza, President & Country Head, SOTC Travel, says, “Customers are keen to explore unique and adventurous experiences away from crowds. Bike Trips provides bikers an option to bring their own bike and ride with expert guidance across spectacular locales, while non-bike owners can opt for a 350CC or 500CC bike, right from the arrival airport. Biking trips create a sense of community and belonging as customers explore scenic terrains of Leh-Ladakh, Srinagar, Manali, Northeast & Rajasthan – providing the perfect opportunity to bond, be it with friends, colleagues or as a couple. We recently had a father-daughter duo that rode together and experienced an unconventional holiday.”
All their curated trips guarantee that you’ll have essential safety equipment, be accompanied by support and technical staff (sometimes with a luggage van so you don’t have to load up your bike), and an experienced guide throughout the journey. You can choose from an array of options.
The Millennial Special through Manali, Leh & Srinagar
- Royal Enfield 500CC motorcycle provided at the arrival airport
- 10-12 nights trip starting from Rs 37,999 person, including breakfast and dinner
- Pit-stops: Suraj Tal, Deepak Tal, Turtuk, Pangong, Thiksey Monastery and Shey Palace, Magnetic Hill, Pathar Sahib Gurudwara, Hall of Fame Museum, Shanti Stupa & Lamayuru (one of the oldest monasteries in Ladakh)
- Experiences: Night camps and camel safari at sand dunes between Diskit and Hundur
Motorcycle Adventure to the Land of High Passes: Leh
- This one is BYOB (bring your own bike, if you have a Royal Enfield Himalayan and other similar premium bikes)
- Specially curated eight nights trail of ‘The Land of High Passes’ starting from Rs 48,990 per person, including breakfast and dinner
- Superior hotels
- Pit-stops: Pathar Sahib, Magnetic Hills, Alichi Monastery, Kargil War Memorial, Pangong Tso, Shanti Stupa, Nubra Valley, Diskit Gumpa and Sumur Monastery
Bike Trip to Rajasthan
- Seven nights trip across Jaipur, Jodhpur, Jaisalmer, Udaipur and Kumbhalgarh starting from Rs 33,490 per person, including breakfast and dinner
- 350CC bike
- Pit-stops: Bullet Baba (Banna), 1971 Indo-Pak battlefield Longewala, Kumbhalgarh fort, etc.
- Experiences: Rajasthani lunch in a heritage haveli, food walk, camping in Sam sand dunes, camel safari, and desert safari
Bike Trip to Sikkim
- Seven nights trip across Siliguri, Gangtok, Lachen, Lachung and Zuluk starting from Rs 36,999 per person, including breakfast and dinner
- 350CC bike
- Pit-stops: Kanchendzonga, Gurudongmar Lake, Zero Point, Silk Route, Thambi view and Nathu La pass
Bike Trip to South India
- 12 nights trip across Bengaluru, Madikeri, Ooty, Sethumadai, Kodaikanal, Rameshwaram, and Yercaud, starting from Rs 60,000, including breakfast and dinner.
- Rent a Himalayan BS 6, KTM Adventure 390, Ducati Scrambler, Harley Davidson 48 or Triumph Street*
- Pit-stops: Kolli Hills, coffee estates at Madikeri, Coaker’s Walk, excursion to Dhanushkodi, etc.
These Bike Trips are covered by Thomas Cook and SOTC’s TravShield, a Travel Safety Commitment encompassing safety protocols in association with Apollo Clinics, which includes vaccinated travel Advisors and contactless bookings, free re-scheduling, and cancellation, Covid insurance cover with 24/7 doctor on call, vaccinated/Covid-negative fellow travellers, drivers, hotel staff, sanitised rooms and vehicles.