Founder Plan B a plant-based food brand, Health food expert and cookbook author shares a beautiful vegan special Christmas recipe.
Born in Pathankot, Punjab, and raised in Delhi, he was inspired by his mother who loves to cook, and her kitchen became his very first training lab. Reishu loves to develop new recipes from different kind of ingredients and loves to play with flavors. His book, ‘’From India with Love, Vol-1” is a best seller (sold over 5000 copies). Some of big stars in Bollywood are fond of Reishu’s cooking. Bollywood superstar Hrithik Roshan has written a two-page foreword in Reishu’s book, praising his food. He has worked with big brands like Taj Hotels, Resorts & Palaces, Starwood Hotels, ITC Hotels, L’arpege etc. He completed his studies in Culinary Arts from American Hotel & Lodging Educational Institute, Orlando, Florida, USA and Le Cordon Bleu, Paris, France respectively. He has been a part of the food industry for over 14 years as a professional chef trained under big names of industry like Chef Alain Passard, Chef Imtiaz Qureshi (Bharat Ratan), Chef Hemant Oberoi, Chef Devinder Kumar, Chef Bakshish Dean, Chef Amit Chowdhary and Chef Anirudhya Roy. He is a master to have knowledge about French, Indian, Mediterranean, Chinese and Continental Cuisines. Recently turned vegan he ventured into manufacturing business of Plant based range of cheese, sauces and meat in September 2020. Today his brand “PLAN B” is among some of the top plant-based food brands in country, catering the need of some of top luxury hotels and restaurants. Reishu is on the mission of creating a cruelty free and a sustainable world by giving more plant based healthy options to today’s consumer.
PAD THAI NOODLES
- KOKA INSTANT RICE NOODLES 330g
- 50 gms. Tamarind Paste
- 50 gms. Dark Soy sauce
- 50 gms. Brown Sugar
- 1 pkt Firm Tofu
- 100 ml Vegetable oil
- 50 gms. peeled Garlic
- 2 Medium Onion
- 10 nos. Thai chilli
- 1 Carrot
- 1 Large Red Bell Pepper
- 1 Packet Bean Sprout
- 1 Bunch Spring Onion
- 50 gms. Red chilli Flakes
- 100 gms. Peanuts
- 2 numbers Lemon
- 1 Bottle Red chilli hot sauce
- 1 Bunch Cilantro
- 100 gms. Corn flour
- Add rice stick noodles to a large pot and then pour boiling water over the noodles. Soak noodles in boiling water for 8 minutes.
- Then drain the water and rinse the noodles under cold water and set aside. I also cut the noodles sometimes with a scissor so that it’s easier to toss the noodles with the sauce and veggies later.
- To a measuring jar or bowl, add all the ingredients for the sauce- tamarind concentrate, soy sauce, brown sugar and 1 tablespoon water. Mix well and set aside.
- Press the tofu with a heavy object for around 20 minutes, do this before you soak the noodles. Then cut into small cubes and toss the tofu with corn flour until coated.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a pan on medium heat. Once hot, add the cornstarch tossed tofu to the pan in a single layer. Cook for around 7 minutes on one side until it turns golden brown in color. Then flip and cook the other side. Remove the cooked tofu on a plate.
- To a wok, now add the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil on medium-high heat. Once hot, add the chopped garlic, sliced onion, thai chili and cook for 2 minutes.
- Then add the sliced carrot and peppers and cook for 2 more minutes, then add the bean sprouts and mix.
- Add in the prepared sauce followed by the noodles. Mix well until everything is well combined, I use a pair of tongs to mix everything together.
- Cook for around 3 minutes until all of the sauce is absorbed by the noodles. Then add Spring Onion.
- Also add salt and red chili flakes, mix and turn off the heat.
- Place this Vegan Pad Thai on serving plate and garnish with lots of crushed peanuts and serve with lime wedge and a side of hot sauce.